Wingra Watershed News
November, 26, 2014–The fall 2014 issue of Wingra Watershed News, from the Friends of Lake Wingra (FoLW), is available by clicking on this link: FoLWNov2014 Newsletter. The Fall, 2014 issue includes articles by FoLW members on:
- A Leaf Collection Pilot Program
- FoLW involvement in planning for the anticipated reconstruction of Monroe Street in 2017
- Update on Lake Wingra Watershed Plan
- The chemistry of leaves
- Recycling leaves for a healthier lawn
- Lake Wingra social media
- Volunteer opportunities and more
The Friends of Lake Wingra (FoLW) is a watershed-based, citizen action group whose mission is ” Promoting a healthy Lake Wingra through an active watershed community.”
Friends of Lake Wingra have these goals to promote a healthy Lake Wingra:
1. Citizen Stewardship—Grow present and future generations of watershed stewards.
2. Integrated Watershed Management—Protect and improve the ‘lake as a system’ through innovative and coordinated management practices.
3. Long-term monitoring and research—Ensure that the information needed to address the mission is available on an ongoing basis.
4. Organizational Capacity and Resources—Build the internal capacity to achieve the mission.
Check out the newsletter for volunteer opportunities, ways to get involved, and upcoming watershed events.